Information systems and software applications designed for spas, health resorts, bath houses, bath hotels and rehabilitation facilities
Who is L-BIS designed for?
The L-BIS information system (hereinafter referred to only as L-BIS) has been designed to create comprehensive software solutions for the following facilities:
- Therapeutic spas
- Spa & wellness facilities
- Spa & wellness hotels
- Rehabilitation facilities, clinics and centres
- Healthcare facilities and nursing homes
Users of L-BIS
- L-BIS is currently used by more than 45% of users in the Czech Republic and Slovakia (a detailed list of users can be found at
www.lauryn.cz). These are users with different sized facilities with capacities ranging from 50 to 1,200 beds (the number of
computers in the network is between 5 and 200 workstations).
- L-BIS has been the most widely installed information system for spas, wellness and rehabilitation facilities in the Czech Republic
and Slovakia since 2000.
L-BIS is made up of 6 subsystems
- Accommodation Agenda – client bookings and accommodation, billing for all types of clients (individual clients, travel agencies,
health insurance companies and corporate clients etc.) and reception services.
- Healthcare Agenda – management of complete healthcare documentation and the related administrative paperwork.
- Rehabilitation Agenda – planning and selling therapeutic procedures and wellness services to clients.
- Catering and Storage Agenda – storage, restaurant and canteen paperwork as well as dietary standardisation.
- Management Information System – a comprehensive tool for on-line monitoring and checking performance, efficiency and observance of defined standards and overall support for management and marketing decisions.
- L-BIS Integration – possibility of integrating L-BIS with thirdparty systems and equipment. Integrated software solutions for economic information systems, card systems and entry control systems (e.g. turnstiles), cash registers, telephone exchanges and hotel IPTV systems.
The above-mentioned subsystems are further divided into individual operational modules offering solutions for specific requirements. A description of individual modules can be found below.
- Complexity – L-BIS provides a comprehensive suite of software solutions for all processes and agendas within the given facility.
- Modularity – L-BIS subsystems are created using individual modules. This modularity allows for adaptation of the L-BIS structure to suit specific requirements for operation of a specific user’s operations. Modularity allows for gradual or partial implementation of L-BIS if required.
- Scalability – all L-BIS modules are fully scalable according to individual user specifics and organisation of their work.
- Integration – all L-BIS modules mutually cooperate and share the necessary data for effective information and document flow within the facility.
- State-of-the-art technology – L-BIS uses the latest methods, procedures and technologies for development, implementation and administration of information systems.
- Expertise – more than 25 years of continuous development of L-BIS have allowed us to incorporate the experiences and requirements of more than fifty users. Consultants from LAURYN v.o.s. and its authorised partners have extensive expert knowledge resulting from creation of software solutions in L-BIS.
- L-BIS operates in a Windows environment.
- L-BIS has client/server architecture using an MS SQL database server.
- L-BIS fully supports conventional network or terminal operation.
Main benefits of L-BIS
- Functional – overall clear arrangement of all activities and processes within L-BIS.
- Economical – L-BIS is an effective tool for management and control – more effective use of resources.
- Marketing – L-BIS is an effective tool for support of marketing and business activities.
- Performance-related – L-BIS ensures a comprehensive overview the performance of the whole facility.
The L-BIS information system can be integrated with the following systems:
- Hotel information systems – you can use special L-BIS modules for management of a hotel agenda. Integration of L-BIS with a hotel system which is already being used is also possible.
- Economic information systems – transfer of accounting documents and information between L-BIS and the economic information system.
- Card and entry systems – integration of L-BIS with card systems for controlling entry to balneology operations, communication with turnstiles and more.
- Hotel IPTV – integration of a system for hotel IPTV with the client’s card, client’s bill, treatment plan and other information from L-BIS.
Implementation of L-BIS
Methodology certified in compliance with the ISO 9001 standard is used during implementation of L-BIS. Implementation is performed in the following phases:
- Analysis of current status – complete analysis of the current status for implementation of L-BIS.
- Implementation project – definition of all processes and methods of their resolution within L-BIS.
- Parametrisation of the system – complete setup and parametrisation of L-BIS according to the individual user’s specific requirements.
- User training – complete user training in use of L-BIS. Training ends with a practical test on the basis of which a certificate is issued for work with L-BIS.
- Preparation for roll-out of live operation – general preparation of L-BIS for roll-out of live operation: entry of client parameters, checks on hardware readiness and other related activities.
- Supervision during roll-out of live operation – assistance in person by our consultants provided to the user’s staff during the first few days of live operation and work with L-BIS. Subsequent remote monitoring and visits in person to the user’s facility.
- Evaluation of implementation – evaluation of the results of implementation (comparison with the initial defined status) and determination of further possibilities for development of the information system. Implementation of L-BIS ends when all contractually guaranteed activities have been performed and all of the modules of L-BIS work in live operation.
Service and support for L-BIS
After implementation of L-BIS has ended, we provide complete service and support to the customer. Service and support for L-BIS includes the following services:
- Hotline – resolution of user queries in the form of telephone consultation.
- Remote administration – resolution of queries and problems in the form of remote access, directly in the user’s system.
- Consultation and training – consultation and training for L-BIS.
- Legislation upgrade – guarantee of L-BIS upgrades to comply with any changes in the legislation.
- Functional upgrade – L-BIS upgrades in relation to user requirements.
- Remote monitoring of the system – preventative monitoring of L-BIS in the form of remote access.